Naked man tasered at Florida airport

Naked man tasered at Florida airport

A naked man prompted an evacuation at Daytona Beach International Airport early Friday after telling deputies he planted a bomb in a terminal bathroom, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said. "After they took him into custody, he shouted at the deputies".

According to police, 25-year-old John T Greenwood arrived at the airport and went into a women's bathroom under construction, where he removed his clothes.

Deputies subdued the man with a Taser and arrested him without a fight.

Greenwood created or enlarged a hole in the bathroom wall and placed his belongings inside, Chitwood said. "Greenwood did not immediately comply with commands to lie down on the floor, and he made statements indicating a bomb was about to go off in the airport".

He then came out of the bathroom, wearing nothing but his socks and a watch, and climbed onto the luggage carousel while holiday makers looked on horrified.

'Fortunately for us, it was not a bomb, ' Chitwood said. Chitwood said Greenwood will be facing Federal charges since the criminal event happened at an airport.

More news: Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton takes Spanish Grand Prix
More news: EPL: Guardiola reveals team that will challenge Man City next season
More news: MMA Community reacts to Mackenzie Dern's submission win at UFC 224

They found the man, starkers, in the baggage claim area. "He was naked. He was on the baggage carousel trying to get out onto the tarmac".

No explosives were found at Daytona Beach International Airport, said Volusia County Sheriff Michael Chitwood at a news conference after passengers were allowed to go back inside the airport.

In this video, the naked man can be heard saying "the place is going to blow up". Eventually, during a confrontation, the deputies had a taser.

"I'm naked, bro", said Greenwood. "I was about 10 minutes from boarding when they told us to evacuate".

Chitwood said Greenwood has had previous encounters with law enforcement and told deputies that he had taken "molly" (also known as ecstasy) and other drugs the night before.

Two flights were delayed, according to the airport's schedule: an American Airlines flight to Charlotte was postponed an hour and a Delta flight to Atlanta scheduled for departure at 7:10 a.m. was pushed back almost three hours.

Related Articles