Conor McGregor makes brief court appearance

Conor McGregor makes brief court appearance

Irish mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor returned to court in NY on Thursday and expressed regret for his role in a melee at an April event to publicize a series of Ultimate Fighting Championship fights at a Brooklyn arena.

Conor McGregor in NY, leaving Brooklyn Supreme court in NY on June 14, 2018, stemming from his April attack on a bus at Barclays Center.

A prosecutor said McGregor and the District Attorney's office are working on a potential plea deal to resolve the charges from the melee. Nurmagomedov was left unharmed, however Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg were unfortunately caught in the crossfire, and were forced to pull out of their respective fights due to injuries sustained during McGregor's attack.

McGregor is scheduled to be in a NY courtroom on Thursday to make his first appearance since posting bail following his bazaar antics in early April.

After the Brooklyn brawl, UFC President Dana White told ESPN's Brett Okamoto that McGregor's actions were "the most despicable thing in UFC history", which appeared to mean McGregor's time with the organization was on the outs.

More news: Resident Evil 2 Remake E3 2018 Trailer
More news: Rafael Nadal beats Juan Martin del Potro to reach French Open final
More news: WH Adviser Apologizes For 'Special Place In Hell' For Trudeau Remark

In a video posted Wednesday by TMZ Sports, White said of McGregor, "I know he's going to court, and that's all I know". McGregor is facing up to seven years in prison.

"I understand the seriousness of this matter, and I am hopeful that this will get resolved soon". McGregor (21-3) hasn't had an MMA fight since November 2016, when he defeated Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight championship, becoming the first UFC fighter to simultaneously hold belts in two weight classes.

McGregor, 29, fought in a boxing match in August 2017 against Floyd Mayweather but had been looking to get back into the Octagon in 2018.

Before Thursday's incident, he was stripped of his UFC lightweight title for being inactive.

Cowley and McGregor have been free on bond. The hearing lasted a total of 45 seconds and McGregor said he regretted his actions.

Related Articles