Conor McGregor makes brief court appearance

Conor McGregor makes brief court appearance

Irish mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor returned to court in NY on Thursday and expressed regret for his role in a melee at an April event to publicize a series of Ultimate Fighting Championship fights at a Brooklyn arena.

Conor McGregor in NY, leaving Brooklyn Supreme court in NY on June 14, 2018, stemming from his April attack on a bus at Barclays Center.

A prosecutor said McGregor and the District Attorney's office are working on a potential plea deal to resolve the charges from the melee. Nurmagomedov was left unharmed, however Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg were unfortunately caught in the crossfire, and were forced to pull out of their respective fights due to injuries sustained during McGregor's attack.

McGregor is scheduled to be in a NY courtroom on Thursday to make his first appearance since posting bail following his bazaar antics in early April.

After the Brooklyn brawl, UFC President Dana White told ESPN's Brett Okamoto that McGregor's actions were "the most despicable thing in UFC history", which appeared to mean McGregor's time with the organization was on the outs.

More news: Fallout 76 is an online game with a solo online mode
More news: Rodman's weird TV meltdown over Trump
More news: Pella progresses at Stuttgart Open; Zverev to play Federer

In a video posted Wednesday by TMZ Sports, White said of McGregor, "I know he's going to court, and that's all I know". McGregor is facing up to seven years in prison.

"I understand the seriousness of this matter, and I am hopeful that this will get resolved soon". McGregor (21-3) hasn't had an MMA fight since November 2016, when he defeated Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight championship, becoming the first UFC fighter to simultaneously hold belts in two weight classes.

McGregor, 29, fought in a boxing match in August 2017 against Floyd Mayweather but had been looking to get back into the Octagon in 2018.

Before Thursday's incident, he was stripped of his UFC lightweight title for being inactive.

Cowley and McGregor have been free on bond. The hearing lasted a total of 45 seconds and McGregor said he regretted his actions.

Related Articles

  • NY  sues Trump for 'illegal conduct' at family foundation

    NY sues Trump for 'illegal conduct' at family foundation

    Trump held the fundraiser instead of participating in the final GOP presidential debate before the Iowa caucuses. Trump has denied there was any collusion, and Russian Federation has denied meddling in the election.
    US F-15 fighter jet crashes into sea off Japan's Okinawa

    US F-15 fighter jet crashes into sea off Japan's Okinawa

    The jet reportedly took off from Kadena Air Base in Okinawa and crashed some 80 kilometers (50 miles) from the coast. F-15 fighter jet crashed into the sea off the Japanese island of Okinawa during a routine training mission Monday.
    Rafael Nadal beats Juan Martin del Potro to reach French Open final

    Rafael Nadal beats Juan Martin del Potro to reach French Open final

    However, having squandered one set point, he went in for a simple backhand volley victor only to dump it into the net. While Thiem beat Marco Cecchinato in first semi-final to reach his first Grand Slam final.
  • Antoine Griezmann gets autographs from France 1998 World Cup heroes

    Antoine Griezmann gets autographs from France 1998 World Cup heroes

    Lemar was also tipped to join Liverpool as they seek to replace Philippe Coutinho. However, those figures will return to the previous numbers next month.
    Who gained and who lost what from the Trump-Kim summit

    Who gained and who lost what from the Trump-Kim summit

    A federal investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election also hangs over his presidency. State Department diplomat specialising in the Koreas, said the summit was more about style and symbolism.
    Watch this officer rescue child running alongside freeway traffic

    Watch this officer rescue child running alongside freeway traffic

    When Mannino catches the boy, the dash cam footage shows him telling him "You're OK, you're OK", then asking the boy his name. The boy runs away from the sergeant, prompting the officer to sprint after the boy south along Route 59.
  • Sanford upset in GOP primary

    Sanford upset in GOP primary

    Katie Arrington , R-Dorchester. " Mark Sanford has become the problem in Washington", Arrington said in her campaign video. Sanford took his loss in stride during his first ever concession speech in Mount Pleasant late Tuesday night.
    LI pizza delivery man granted stay of deportation

    LI pizza delivery man granted stay of deportation

    Immigrant advocate groups launched a public-relations campaign to urge release of the deliveryman within days of his arrest . Villavicencio's detention and a recent raid on an upstate dairy farm show "reckless contempt for the constitution", he said.
    Tesla to lay off 9% of workers as part of restructuring plan

    Tesla to lay off 9% of workers as part of restructuring plan

    Although Tesla had a good May, its Model 3 compact luxury sedan launch has been significantly delayed by production problems. Tesla said it began notifying impacted workers on Tuesday and would continue to do so throughout the week.
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake E3 2018 Trailer

    Resident Evil 2 Remake E3 2018 Trailer

    It's possible that there are other changes in the Resident Evil 2 remake , but if there are, Capcom hasn't revealed them yet. Capcom has also modernized the controls, which should make it considerably easier to play than the original title.
    Poet Kate Clanchy: I hope MBE honours creativity in classroom

    Poet Kate Clanchy: I hope MBE honours creativity in classroom

    She has never been far from the spotlight, always willing to speak her mind and take a stand to highlight issues close to her heart.
    Pre-cut melons linked to Salmonella outbreaks across 5 states

    Pre-cut melons linked to Salmonella outbreaks across 5 states

    A recent salmonella outbreak linked to fresh cut watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe made its way to MI . So far, FDA has reported 60 illnesses that occurred between April 30, 2018 and May 28, 2018.