Weinstein accuser claims his lawyer used 'deceptive tactics' to obtain evidence

Weinstein accuser claims his lawyer used 'deceptive tactics' to obtain evidence

Melissa Thompson says she met Weinstein at his Manhattan office in 2011.

"Weinstein held Thompson down and raped her. Thompson closed her eyes, traumatized, praying for the assault to end".

The suit comes after Weinstein entered a not guilty plea following a NY grand jury's indictment on Thursday that included two counts of rape and one criminal sexual act.

"Harvey Weinstein may have been put in handcuffs for his assault on two women, but we are working to see a day of justice for the hundreds of women who were exploited for Weinstein's sexual gratification and silenced by this ring of conspirators", said Hagens Berman partner Elizabeth Fegan in a statement.

We are told the video, which The Blast previously viewed before the lawsuit, will be evidence of Weinstein's assault and will become a key piece of evidence in the case.

Brafman, Weinstein´s lawyer, is one of America´s most celebrated criminal defense attorneys.

Vance revealed that an investigation into Weinstein's alleged crimes "remains active and ongoing" and slammed what he described as Weinstein's "recent assault on the integrity of the survivors and the legal process".

Weinstein declined to testify before the grand jury on Wednesday after a judge denied his attorney's request to postpone the appearance in order to have time to prepare Weinstein. The allegations gained widespread public attention following two bombshell reports in October 2017, ultimately leading to Weinstein's downfall.

More news: Hotel valet has lucky escape, but Porsche gets crunched
More news: Key dates in the history of the Trans Mountain pipeline — TIMELINE
More news: Cinemas, Wrestling in Saudi Arabia Are 'Sinful Projects,' Al-Qaeda Says

Weinstein has denied engaging in nonconsensual sex.

Mr Weinstein (66) learned of the specific charges and the accusers' identities only after turning himself in last Friday, according to his lawyers.

She says he agreed to make a deal, but wanted to meet her for a drink later at a Manhattan hotel.

A second woman in the suit, actress Caitlin Dulany, alleged that she was assaulted by the producer in 1996 at Cannes Film Festival, whilst actress Larissa Gomes claims she was cornered in a hotel room in Toronto in 2000. "Stand up and say something - because now is the time that enough is enough".

The exchange left Thompson feeling "super uneasy", the lawsuit said, adding, "Weinstein had used his network to show her just how far his reach stretched into her own circle".

The three women named in the suit are seeking class-action status to sue on behalf of all women to whom Weinstein made unwanted sexual advances over the years.

The lawsuit claims Weinstein and others at the film company Miramax, and later The Weinstein Co., operated what amounted to a criminal organisation - as defined under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organisations Act - to "facilitate and hide his pattern of unwanted sexual conduct".

Related Articles