Half of the twelve boys rescued from Thai cave

Half of the twelve boys rescued from Thai cave

Medics appeared to remove one person on a stretcher but hid the person's identity behind multiple white umbrellas. Helicopters and several ambulances were seen departing from the cave area, though there was no official announcement of whom they were carrying.

Authorities have said the monsoons could cause water to rise in the cave.

Early today, leader of the operation Chiang Rai acting Governor Narongsak Osottanakorn announced that 18 divers had entered the cave to rescue the boys.

Narongsak said Sunday morning two divers would escort each of the boys out of the cave.

Operations to rescue a trapped Thai soccer team began on Sunday, resulting in four rescues.

"Today is D-day for the extraction, with the boys at their best mental and physical conditions and medical teams as well as rescue teams ready for operation", said the governor.

Also Monday, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha visited the cave for the first time since the extraction operation began. Mr Narongsak would not say which of the boys were rescued.

Eight boys are still inside the cave and along with the team coach. The operation is set to resume later.

Thai media reported one of the four boys was in a critical condition and a family friend told a reporter it was Mongkol, the weakest of the group, whose condition has since stabilised.

"Air tanks and systems have to be put in place again", he added.

Those who joined the extraction Sunday will have a meeting to discuss the next operation. However, it only took 7 hours and 40 minutes.

More news: How to use USB Restricted Mode on your iPhone or iPad
More news: Trump enjoys 'suspense' ahead of Supreme Court announcement
More news: Wimbledon set for 'Manic Monday' as 4th round starts

A respite in the rain gave rescuers a window - albeit brief - their best opportunity to get some of the boys out.

Rescue workers take out machines after 12 soccer players and their coach were rescued in Tham Luang cave complex in the northern province of Chiang Rai, Thailand, July 10, 2018.

On Sunday, Musk tweeted a series of videos showing a team of divers testing the pod in the swimming pool at Palisades Charter High School.

As of Sunday, four boys were confirmed rescued from the cave, before the mission was paused, according to the BBC.

A spokesman for Boring Co. said on Sunday that the company has four engineers who are "offering support in any way the government deems useful". Now, it could take up to four days to rescue the rest of the team and their coach, weather permitting.

Authorities temporarily stopped rescue efforts on Monday to replenish air tanks along the cave's perilous exit course.

A team of 13 global cave diving experts and five Thai divers entered the precarious cave system at 10am local time on Sunday, after attempts to drill through to them were abandoned. "They have not been moved to Chiang Rai hospital yet", Tossathep told Reuters.

The name was a reference to the boys' soccer team.

Osatanakorn said efforts to remove floodwater and divert water flows have been "very successful", but seasonal monsoon rains forecast to hit the region this weekend and throughout next week.

The entire group had been trapped for more than two weeks.

"Hopefully useful", said Musk.

Related Articles