Hollywood Producers Head to Thai Cave Rescue Site, Plan Blockbuster Movie

Hollywood Producers Head to Thai Cave Rescue Site, Plan Blockbuster Movie

As the eight boys already rescued from Thailand's Tham Luang Cave convalesce in a Chiang Rai hospital, an global rescue team has entered the flooded cave system for the third consecutive day to free the four children and their 25-year-old soccer coach still trapped inside.

The Facebook page of the Thai Navy SEALs, who have been central to the rescue operation, was updated Monday night to say "two days, eight boars" - a reference to the Wild Boars, the name of the boys' soccer team.

A relative of one member of the soccer team said that the boys' families had agreed to remain at the cave until all of the boys and the coach are brought out.

Thai Navy SEALS divers have already rescued eight of the boys.

"We expect that if there is no unusual condition. the four boys, one coach, the doctor, and three SEALs who have been with the boys since the first day will come out today", he told a news conference to loud cheering.

In a day of high drama, the remaining five boys emerged in groups as evening approached, guided out by worldwide divers and the SEALs, who have played an integral role throughout an unprecedented rescue mission. Workers have been laboring around the clock to pump water out of the cave, and authorities said Monday that heavy downpours overnight did not raise water levels inside. The boys - aged between 11 and 16 - and the 23-year-old coach, had been trapped in the cave for more than two weeks.

Two of the boys had suspected lung infections but the four boys from the first group rescued were all walking around in hospital. After they were found on July 2, officials cautioned it could take some time to get them out, but authorities chose to act with heavy rains forecast to hit the region.

Another four were rescued on Monday and the last four boys and the coach were brought out on Tuesday. Last Monday they were discovered huddled on a narrow rock shelf deep within the flooded cave system.

More news: President Trump announces Supreme Court pick
More news: 6 boys safely rescued from flooded Thai cave as operation underway
More news: Ant-Man And The Wasp US box office down on expectations

Dr Richard Harris, 53, an anaesthetist from Adelaide, undertook the risky dive to reach the boys and their coach last Saturday, reported The Sydney Morning Herald.

So far eight of the boys have been rescued.

The most recent boys to have been rescued have been stretchered out of the cave system, amid fears that they could have contracted a nasty illness.

"Doctors have treated the boys and now all of them are okay and cheerful, and are talking normally", said Jesada Chokedamrongsuk, from the Thai Ministry of Public Health.

A huge rescue operation is now entering its third day. The first and longest mission took 11 hours. He said a medic and three SEALS in the cave, who've been looking after those trapped, will also come out.

More rescue efforts to free the remaining five boys and their coach are underway.

He said they would need to keep at least 2 metres away from their boys for at least 48 hours, until "we are sure there is no infection, then they can visit them normally".

Mission chief Narongsak Osatanakorn, the former governor of Chiang Rai province, said that rescuers were hoping to move as fast as possible before rains returned. "We should treat them like disaster victims, and not like theyve done anything wrong".

Related Articles