Blasts near girls' schools in Afghanistan kill teen

Blasts near girls' schools in Afghanistan kill teen

People transfer an injured man to a local hospital after a suicide attack in Jalalabad, the capital of Nangahar province, Afghanistan, Sept. 11, 2018.

At least 19 people were killed when a suicide bomber blew himself up among protesters in eastern Afghanistan on Tuesday, an official said, in the latest violence to hit the country.

The local Salam Afghanistan radio reported that the residents of the Daka region were protesting against the local pro-government militia commander when the attack took place.

Relatives and family members of Tuesday's victims have continued blocking the highway, according to local witnesses.

More news: Nintendo Switch Online launches on September 18th with 7-day free trial
More news: Stewart, Storm surge past Mystics 98-82 for WNBA title
More news: EPL: Arsenal provides latest injury updates ahead of Newcastle clash

Afghan president Ashraf Ghani strongly condemned the suicide attack against the demonstrators in Nangarhar.

A number of dead bodies were directly taken to their homes by relatives and, therefore, not counted in Tuesday's figures, the official added. The Taliban denied involvement.

Officials have warned violence is likely to intensify ahead of parliamentary elections next month and a presidential election in April. Earlier estimates put the death toll at 32. "There used to be no fast explain of responsibility for any of the four assaults there.CreditReuters "The suicide attacker obtained out of a white automobile and ran in opposition to the protesters" tent", acknowledged Sayed Qayoom, a gape reached by cell phone. AFP said an explosion near a school in Jalalabad, the capital of the province, killed a boy and left four adults injured. That blast was later followed by two others in Behsud district, also near two schools.

In the northern province of Sar-e Pul, hundreds of armed men assembled to boost the city's defences as security forces fought to push the Taliban back from the city centre, said Zabihullah Amani, the provincial governor's spokesman.

Related Articles

  • Wright's playing career probably over after final homestand

    Wright's playing career probably over after final homestand

    Wright will be activated from the disabled list on September 25 for the Mets' final homestand, and he'll start on September 29. But on the final Saturday of this season, the Mets and David Wright will try to rebel, for just one afternoon.
    Diplomats from Iran, Russia and Turkey meet United Nations  envoy on Syria

    Diplomats from Iran, Russia and Turkey meet United Nations envoy on Syria

    Since then, hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in the conflict and millions more displaced, according to the UN. It is not the first time France has warned Assad, Russia or Iran that their aggression could amount to war crimes.
    Kavanaugh confirmation fight rallies Democrats to resistance

    Kavanaugh confirmation fight rallies Democrats to resistance

    The emails made public on Thursday dated from Kavanaugh's service in the White House under Republican President George W. Some Democratic senators weren't reassured, pointing to mass school shootings committed with semi-automatic rifles.
  • France captain Lloris banned from driving for 20 months

    France captain Lloris banned from driving for 20 months

    We can all make a mistake. "Of course we had a conversation and he explained all that happened", said Pochettino. Only we need to try, how he understands that it was a mistake.
    Liverpool legend says Klopp doesn't need to win silverware this season

    Liverpool legend says Klopp doesn't need to win silverware this season

    For instance, Klopp was not completely satisfied with the 2-1 win at Leicester before the worldwide break. Club legend John Barnes has hailed the positive mood at Liverpool FC under Jurgen Klopp this season.

    Governor Deal issues State of Emergency across Georgia

    Current forecasts call for Florence to be at least a Category 3 storm when it arrives at the Carolinas. Wilmington, just north of where Florence appeared headed for shore, grew empty and quiet on Wednesday.
  • Hurricane Florence looms over East Coast — WHAT’S HAPPENING

    And the more it hovers just off shore - a distinct possibility - the more potentially deadly storm surge it pushes on-shore. A man runs past a mandatory evacuation sign before Hurricane Florence comes ashore in Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina .
    Senators Trade Erik Karlsson To Sharks For Six Assets

    Senators Trade Erik Karlsson To Sharks For Six Assets

    I've also heard that it's hard to rebuild without a first-round pick - a key piece the Senators still lack for the 2019 NHL Draft. The 22-year old Perron was drafted 190th overall in the seventh round of the 2014 draft by the Senators.
    Brickyard 400 postponed to Monday

    Brickyard 400 postponed to Monday

    In the NASCAR Cup Series, the race serves as the final event before the playoffs start September 16 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Practice runs and qualifying were canceled because of the rain while the NASCAR Xfinity Series race was also moved to Monday.
  • Apple Watch Series 4 arrives in 40mm and 44mm models

    Apple Watch Series 4 arrives in 40mm and 44mm models

    Based on some limited hands-on time, both the Xs and Xs Max run at least slightly quicker than the iPhone X I brought with me. But it's still too early to assess the impact of the most significant addition to the new devices - eSIM technology.
    Russian bombers intercepted near Alaska by F-22 fighters, says United States  military

    Russian bombers intercepted near Alaska by F-22 fighters, says United States military

    The US military said on September 11 two Russian Tupolev Tu-95 nuclear-capable bombers flew close to the west coast of Alaska. The Russian warplanes did not enter USA or Canadian sovereign airspace, the statement added.
    US identifies two sets of Korean War remains: James Mattis

    US identifies two sets of Korean War remains: James Mattis

    The US military estimates that more than 7,000 US troops who lost their lives during the Korean War remain unaccounted for. The remains identified came from box 14 and box 16 of the 55 boxes, DPAA officials told the military paper.