Prince Philip back behind wheel after crash, minus seat belt

Prince Philip back behind wheel after crash, minus seat belt

Norfolk Police said "suitable words of advice have been given to the driver".

"I love the royals but I've been ignored and rejected and I'm in a lot of pain", the motherof two from King's Lynn, Norfolk, said.

She told the Sunday Mirror "I'm lucky to be alive and he hasn't even said sorry".

The Duke passed an eyesight test on Saturday morning, undertaken as part of an ongoing investigation into the crash.

Emma Fairweather, 46, who was in the other auto and broke her wrist, has revealed that the incident left her "upset and overwhelmed".

"This is in line with our standard response when being made aware of such images showing this type of offence", she said.

Buckingham Palace revealed that Prince Philip was unhurt after a auto crash that involved another vehicle.

Prince Philip was involved in a terrifying vehicle collision on Thursday afternoon, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.

It would mean the world to me if Prince Philip said sorry.

More news: Bogota bomb blast: death toll rises to 21
More news: Trump calls compromise proposal "Down payment on border security"
More news: Protests against President - police uses tear gas

Buckingham Palace said: "A full message of support was sent to both the driver and the passenger". A 9-month-old baby boy in the Kia was unhurt.

The accident took place close to the Sandringham Estate.

"He looked so anxious and told me, 'I'm such a fool"'.

The prince emerged from the accident shaken but unhurt, while the driver of the vehicle that he plowed into suffered a broken wrist.

The force is now investigating the crash, and it said "any appropriate action" will be taken if necessary.

"The incident will be investigated and any appropriate action taken", added a police spokesperson. The Duke had been behind the wheel when he was driving near Sandringham Estate.

The duke appeared to be travelling without a police protection officer, individuals who guard all senior members of the Royal Family when at public and private events.

Police haven't disclosed who was at fault for the crash, which happened after Philip drove onto a main road from a side road near the royal family's Sandringham estate, 100 miles north of London.

At a meeting, coincidentally scheduled for Friday, Norfolk County Council approved plans to lower the speed limit on the road from 60mph to 50mph, backed by speed cameras.

Related Articles