Man accused of throwing child from MOA balcony makes first court appearance

Man accused of throwing child from MOA balcony makes first court appearance

Aranda is charged with first-degree attempted premeditated murder in the incident, which took place on Friday morning. Aranda's bail was kept at $2 million and a hearing was set for May 14. He is scheduled to make his first court appearance on Tuesday afternoon, April 16, 2019.

The mother of Landen stated that he came very close to her and her child as they stood outside the Rainforest Cafe, CBS reported. When the victim's mother saw Aranda, whom she had never seen before, approaching, she reportedly asked if they should move out of his way.

"During my most recent visit with Landen, holding his hand revealed a calm and warm aura in his room, one that likely is contributed from all of the enormous outpouring of prayer and support from everyone across the globe", Noah Hanneman wrote Monday night on a GoFundMe page collecting donations to help with the family's expenses.

The boy suffered life-threatening injuries from the incident, including multiple fractured bones in his arms and legs, massive head trauma and bleeding from his head, prosecutors said.

"The family appreciates the outpouring of support from across the country, reassuring them of the overall goodness of humanity and of God's will", attorney Stephen Tillitt told reporters in a prepared statement outside the jail. His plan was to throw an adult over the balcony, but he admitted he chose the young boy instead. New information about the man who allegedly threw him off the balcony is coming to light.

More news: Lightning send apology to fans after sweep
More news: Korea marks late founder's birthday, no provocation against U.S.
More news: A 5G iPhone Is Suddenly A Lot Closer

Authorities say Arnada, who had been previously banned from the mall, was busted by Bloomington police three times in 2015, including one time for throwing an object from the third level.

The boy was thrown from the third-floor balcony of the mall and chosen at random.

According to a criminal complaint, Aranda told investigators after his arrest he was angry over being rejected by women he attempted to talk to at the mall, "and the rejection caused him to lash out and be aggressive".

Aranda's court-appointed attorney said Aranda has been in mental health court before, and said once he gets all the state's evidence he'll work to determine the best outcome. The Star-Tribune reported that Aranda was previously convicted of first-degree property damage and was also arrested on charges of assault and theft in IL.

He returned Friday and picked the boy instead, USA media reported.

Related Articles